Success with SEO are achieved by putting into action two very important things:
- Identification of SEO techniques that get great results.
- All the resources are put into scaling and executing the techniques.
But again, the question. How to get hold of strategies that really work?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very trending topic on the internet today. And why not, who doesn’t want to get high rankings and get more traffic? Significant increase in the traffic can be achieved, once you are able to identify and meet the necessities of the target audience. It is very easy to get carried away by SEO, but the sensible thing to do is keep it simple and put in a little common sense.
The following are some simple SEO techniques, if put to use properly, can bring about drastic changes in the rankings:
- Anchor Text: Proper anchor text for interlinks should be used. Avoid using words like “here” and “there” for anchor text.
- Images: The images should always be optimized. Always remember to create alt tags and also add a description to the alt tag.
- Permalinks: Search engine friendly permalinks are always preferred. Too many characters in the URL like ‘&’, ‘?’, ‘!’ should be avoided. Sometimes it becomes difficult to avoid these characters but it is always advisable to keep them to a minimum.
- Hyphens: Usage of hyphens between words improves readability.
- Underscores: Usage of hyphens instead of underscores is preferred.
- Good hosting: Session Ids in the URL’s should be avoided. You don’t have to worry about this part if you are using good hosting.
- Cases: Say no to capital letters in the URL’s. The windows servers are case sensitive and it is advisable to use lowercase letters as much as possible.
- Internal linking: Whenever appropriately possible, internal links should be used.
- Sticky posts: Sticky posts, if applicable are always motivated.
- Description Paragraph: Another important point includes the usage of category description paragraph.
- RSS Feed: Category -specific RSS plugin for WordPress should be used. Give the visitors the option to category specific RSS Feed.
The basic idea is also to research the target audience and also to keep in mind the site content.
Another important thing to keep in mind is to keep all the content updated. Nobody likes stale content. That is the most unattractive thing ever and will only result in the downfall of the rankings.
By the end of this, I’m sure you have well understood the fact that though SEO is no Hercules task. Just by following some simple tips, proper strategies and putting into use all the resources, rankings will be at your doorstep.
Ultimately, at the end, all you can do is give your best and wait for the results. So here comes another very important tip, Patience. Keep patience for the fruit of your job. Hassle will lead you nowhere. Another important thing, rankings once achieved are to be maintained. So all the tips, tricks, strategies and hard work are to put into work always.
I hope this article could help. All the best! Wish you all the success!