It is the State Bank of India which is one of the largest Indian Multinational banking sectors for the public. It is owned by the Government of India. Every year, an exam is conducted to recruit the employees in SBI from clerk post to probation officers.
SBI PO exam
In India, the present scenario portrays that a large number of youth are aspirants for banking exams. In order to crack the exam, a large number of aspirants work hard by self study or by joining different coaching institutes. However, it is not mandatory to take coaching from coaching institutes. The exam can be cleared if one has a clear idea about the exam pattern.
Levels of the examination:
The SBI exam conducted by the Government of India for recruitment of employees mainly consist of three levels-
3) Group discussion
Prelims exam for SBI PO exam:
This round follows a question pattern which consists of objective questions for 100 marks. The time allotted for this exam is one hour. There is a cut-off mark set by the controller of examination which one has to secure to qualify this level of examination.
Mains exam for SBI PO exam:
The second level of IBPS exam contains question of 200 marks. The questions are divided into four sections. The four sections include –
- i) Reasoning and computer knowledge
- ii) English language
iii) Quantitative Aptitude
- iv) General Awareness.
GD and Interview: After clearing the mains exam one aspirant will reach the final level. This level is the last one for the recruitment. There is a group discussion and personal interview.
Preparation for the exam:
As the coaching for the SBI is not mandatory at all, so one can prepare at home by gaining knowledge regarding few things. If the following given measures are opted by an aspirant, this will help to crack the National level exam for SBI.
1) Collect few study materials like Comprehensive Guide to IBPS Online at low price. Banking Awareness Books, English Grammar, and Quantitative Aptitude for the Competitive exams.
2) Get knowledge about the whole syllabus for the SBI exam.
3) We all know YouTube is also another platform which can be utilised for learning. A large number of tutorial videos are there which cover the entire syllabus. Go through the videos once in a week.
4) Prepare a study routine and include each topic to each day. This will help to cover the syllabus with ease.
5) A large number of online sites can be found which provides with full length mock tests. Sit for these tests and try to use stopwatch or timer. Try to finish the test within the stipulated time period. Then, evaluate yourself.
For a large section of the society, SBI job seems to be a dream-job that everyone craves for. The reason behind it is the perks provided by the SBI to its employees. The main perk is that it is one of the few Government job sector in India that offers an excellent salary. Another superior advantage of joining SBI includes the security of the job. Moreover, other facilities like the medical benefits, granting loans with concession for housing as well as study loans or vehicles are also available to the employees. Last, but not the least the rate of growth of career in SBI is very high.