When a person smiles, a rush of endorphins reduces stress. Not just that..
A smile is the most attractive and warm greeting, which is likely to draw more people.
Hiding behind that smile are your teeth which also count as a crucial part of making you look pleasing to the eye and drawing attention towards you. Healthy, attractive teeth are the key to gain success and confidence!
Regardless of the fact in today’s fast pacing world, a person hardly pays attention to his teeth thus resulting in poor oral hygiene. With over 80% people all over the world suffering from bad dental hygiene, some lose their teeth prematurely whereas others suffer from cavities.
What is Tooth Decay?
In terms of odontology, a number of bacteria are present which release harmful acids inside our mouth. These acids eat away the tooth itself, resulting in a condition called Tooth Decay.
Although undetectable in its initial stages, Causes of Tooth Decay include – Improper nutrition, the presence of excess sugar in the food, irregular brushing and flossing of teeth or even indulgence in acidic foods and drinks are external causes.
Internal causes will include whether a person is suffering from Diabetes, is a heavy smoker, has genes of tooth decay or even has a dry mouth, is vulnerable to tooth decay.
10 ways of Curing Tooth Decay:
1. Omitting Sugar: With the ability to decalcify teeth, sugar provides nourishment to the bacteria which releases the acid and decomposes teeth.
- Knockout Phytic Acid: A common ingredient in nuts, grains, seeds and beans, Phytic acid makes Phosphorous unabsorbable leading to inhibition of enzymes and blocking of minerals.
- Keeping a Healthy Diet: An increased consumption of raw dairy and nutrient-rich foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables decrease the probability of plaque formation.
- Give a shot at Oil Pulling: An age-old oral detoxification procedure, which incorporates swirling the mouth with coconut oil for 20 minutes, rinsing with warm water followed by regular brushing of teeth.
- Try Mineralizing Toothpaste: One can remineralize his/her teeth by investing into a fluoride-free toothpaste.
- Application of Clove Oil: Possessing anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties, a small amount of clove oil mixed with few drops of sesame oil, prevents the spreading of a cavity.
- Rubbing Salt: Rinsing the mouth with 1 teaspoon of salt mixed in warm water, will prevent the growth of bacteria as well as ease out any other pain present in the teeth. This is due to the fact that Salt consists of antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Applying Garlic Paste: Well-known for relieving one from all dental problems due to the presence of antibiotic and antibacterial properties, apply Garlic Paste daily on the infected area.
- Dusting Turmeric Powder: Applying it for 10 mins and then rinsing with warm water provides respite from cavity pain.
- Consuming Amla: Having an Amla daily promotes healthy teeth and fights oral infection.
The bottom line being, after seeing shocking statistics, it is disclosed that steadily Tooth Decay has become the second most detrimental public health problem. Just a few precautions here and there, adapting to good habits, and we’re ready with a gorgeous set of teeth! Say Cheese!